How to Lose Weight, the Healthy Way
Absolutely everyone was in the situation of wanting to lose weight at least once in their life. There are lots of diets and ways to do it, but not all are healthy. And you know the yo-yo effect that will put back even more weight on you after you finish a diet.
Why is that, you might ask? Let’s start with the beginning.
Firstly, we eat to have energy, (the taste comes second). So our bodies need a certain level of fats to function., When we deprive that quantity, our body learns to store more fat the less we eat. Ironically, right?
So we should learn to do this the right way and think about our health before everything else.
Tips on How to Naturally Lose Weight
It’s all about healthy eating. The more natural your food is, the better your energy level will be.
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. This way you will have energy for the whole day and consume the extra calories until the evening. This is proven to also reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Drink water 20-60 min before meals. It is proven to reduce appetite and you can lose weight by 44% in 3 months.
- Choose weight-loss friendly foods. Here are the one with the most vitamins and minerals that will; also help you lose weight: leafy greens, whole eggs, salmon, cruciferous vegetables, chicken breast, boiled potatoes, tuna, beans, soups, cottage cheese, whole grains, nuts, chilli pepper (helps digestion), grapefruit, coconut oil, full-fat yogurt.
- Avoid sugar as much as you can. Meaning no more processed foods or juices. Try doing your own natural juice instead. It will give you lots of energy and you’ll have an optimum weight.
- Eat foods that contain fiber. They help your digestion.
- Chew your food slowly. Take your time and never eat in a hurry. This way you’ll be your stomach’s best friend as it won’t have to do so much work so it will digest everything. You’ll reach the optimum weight and everyone will be happy. A win-win situation.
- Sleep well. Studies have shown that the links between a poor night sleep and weight gain are real. So try getting at least an 8h sleep per night.
If you want to lose weight in a natural healthy way, the Mayo Clinic can be near you through all the process. You will receive your free diet profile and learn new interesting things about how your body functions.
So here you have. The quickest plan to lose time on the long run. Instead of “magical diets” (there isn’t such thing), it’s better to start having a more healthy lifestyle and you’ll see how all aspects in your life will improve. everything from your energy level, your good mood, your glowing skin to, of course, the weight that you dream of.