Sign Up for This Asian-American Scholarship to Get $5000 until May 7th
What’s better than going to college? Going to college on a scholarship.
This year the nonprofit organization Against the Grain is giving out 4 scholarships to Asian-American graduate school and high school students or college undergraduates in all US. You can choose any of the subjects included on the site, among which there are graphic design, journalism, entrepreneurship, visual arts and many others.
This company started their activity in 2011 and awarded 30 scholarships until now. You can send your application until May 7th, 2018.
Against The Grain Production Contest for Scholarship
If you wish to participate to the contest and be eligible to win one of the scholarships that vary from $1000 to $5000, here’s what you need to know.
You can choose one of these 4 options:
- Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship for students who wish to have a major in mass communications, visual or performing arts and journalism;
- Against The Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship for people who want to pursue their dream and inspire others through their leading abilities;
- Lyly Koenig Mendez Memorial Scholarship for fashion and/or graphics passionates;
- The Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Award for those who were noticed for their exemplary entrepreneurial skills.
In order to apply for one of these scholarships you must be at least 50% Asian or Pacific/Islander etnicity with a citizenship in U.S. Also you must be a high school senior or a college student currently enrolled full time at an accredited U.S. vocational school, junior college or four-year college or university. and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking student by the upcoming academic calendar year.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete this form;
- Submit a portfolio of your choice, video presentation or business plan.
- Submit your resume and highlight the leadership and community service activities;
- Provide a letter of college acceptance;
- It’s recommended to provide 1 or 2 letters of recommendation.
The four winners will be announced in August. Good luck! 🍀 If you want to learn more about how to receive money, check our grant related articles.
Meet the Author
I am a social media strategist and content writer since 2013. I love writing about what helps people grow on all levels. I believe we're here to share our knowledge and live with joy.Learn more